Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mega Man X: The Hell is a Kuwanger?

Kuwanger. Boomer Kuwanger. That's the boss I have set myself against. I don't know how to feel about him really, considering he strikes a pose like a disco-fever maniac. I'm guessing that he's going to have a boomerang attack; call me crazy.



The level started in a metallic room with ladder that I had to traverse upwards along. The was that bugger with the shield and the morningstar arm (see Flame) but I could use the rolling shield and a jump upwards to hit behind him without having to be at risk. So I continued onwards until I came to a laser room.


You see where those small grey things float? Well, between them is a laser line that flashes in and out, and if it hits you then those bigger guys shoot you. I had to dash through them, try and leap over others; at the same time avoiding floating robot pink guys. Uncool. I did manage to make my way through only getting hit a couple times though, so it wasn't so bad.
Next section was a moving platform with spiked walls and spiked obstacles. I'm guessing the spikes were one shot kills, but I didn't want to find out. So I moved my ass side to side as fast as I could.


Again, the floating pink robot heads were buzzing around, purposely getting in my way, and hitting me to try and knock me into the spikes. I manage to make it through that death trap without the death which was fantastic.

I exited out of the spiked elevator and was on the outside of the tower I was climbing. So I began my jumping. I went up and up along the wall, avoiding the turrets that would pop out during my ascent. I climbed some ladders, did some fancy dash-wall-leaps, and then came to another entrance. However, there was a health increase that I couldn't figure out how to acquire.
Try as I might, I could not do any sort of leap-wall-jump combo to get to it, so I continued on my way. This section was pretty short, just involved killing some turrets which were floating on moving platforms, and jumping higher and higher until I came to the boss door to face; Boomer Kuwanger!
I just see him going crazy on the dance floor for Saturday Night Fever or something, don't you? Ya, anyway, I thought the Chameleon was fast! Boomer here jumps around in a blinky-dash-teleport thing. And I was right, he whips a boomerang from his head. He was damn hard to hit, BUT the heat-seeking missiles were his weakness. So every time one hit him, he would get stunned; on top of the large chunk of health the missile would take out. Needless to say, he died pretty fast. And I unlocked a boomerang power!

Now, from previous video game experience (Zelda, in particular) one could use boomerangs in order to pull items that are normally out of reach oneself.... Mental note made. 1 Boss left, you're going down Storm Eagle. Catch ya later gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment