Saturday, October 22, 2011

Super Metroid: The Gravity of the Situation

Hey Gamers, been a little while, hey? I just recently got back from a tour of a puppet show that I'm in the middle of, and up until now haven't had a lot of game time. Buuuttt, that's not my excuse, seeing as whenever I WAS available, I was gaming like a mad man. However, my actual reason for not posting in a while is because I finally figured out how to get unstuck in the abandoned Space Pirate ship thingy. Because I now had the grapple beam, I went back into Brinstar and found that I had skipped a spot that was grapple beam friendly. I grappled my way across this large gap with glowy little bug things getting in my way and then I found something. I nearly pooped my pants and totally forgot to make a screenshot while I was at it, but the item I found was called the X Ray scope. So you know that problem I had since I started playing this game, where I'd get stuck for hours and have to shoot walls and bomb floors until finally I found the one passage what would allow me to progress through the game? Well, let's just say the X Ray Scope would have come in handy a LOOOONNNNGGGG time ago. However, I've now made good use of it and discovered many secret stashes of missiles and tank upgrades and whatnot. So THEN I went back to the abandoned ship from the end of my last post and found a passage at the bottom of the ship with my new X Ray Scope. 

All of the above took me a few hours of game-play...but the one, true, SOLE reason that I have not been updating in a while is because many many many more hours were spent in frustration trying to kill this guy.



 A website told me his name is Phantoom, or something like that. In any case, if you're panicky and trigger happy during boss fights like I get from time to time, this fight was hard. It wasn't until hour...oh I dunno...13? That I finally smartened up and stopped using super missiles and power bombs on him, because little did I realize that the super move he kept using on me was only because he was angry at MY super moves. So then I gave my head a shameful shake and used strictly regular missiles and charge shots. The fight was ten minutes that time.

So after killing Phantoom, the lights and power came on again in the ship and the save point (which woulda been really handy pre-boss-fight for dummies like me) was now accessible. I was then able to explore more of the ship and soon discovered another awesome upgrade, this time to my armor.

As you can see, it's purple. Which already makes it cooler, seeing as the last one wasn't much of a color upgrade. Now this here is called the Gravity Suit. Sounds cool, yeah? Well, it is. Under water is no longer a slow, arduous process, as the suit treats undersea travel as if in open air. Also, it has a super jump ability that you can use by entering super speed, pressing down (which holds the charge) and then pressing jump when you're ready. It's a bit hard to use, but worth it for those hard to reach places. So then I found a reserve tank for my energy and proceeded into a new world, which was short lived for some reason and brought me back to Brinstar. I'll be playing more soon and will let you know if I figured out why it brought me down here.

Later Gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment