Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mega Man X: The First Steps




Alright, so apparently this 'X' is a really big deal. He's an awesome robot with finally realized AI or something. He's also ridiculously dangerous; cuz he's better than humans, and he should avoid hurting them because of rule number one of robots: "A robot shall never harm a human being", which is in a multitude of Robo-literature/cinema (see; Bicentennial Man, iRobot, etc.) Apparently this 'X' is supposed to be kept in some sort of capsule thing while his internal workings are tested. This mysterious "T.Light" fellow warns the reader of this message not to disturb X; and thus the game begins.


Well, X, as it looks, is NOT in a capsule, of any sorts. He starts off by beaming in on a highway with robotic creatures that are attacking him. I made pretty quick work of the robots, thanks to my handy X-buster and it's charge shot. Then I fought a large robot fly, which shot its machine gun at me. I'm so happy I didn't die; thankfully many enemies dropped large amounts of health so I was at full health the majority of the running, jumping, wall leaping and whatnot.

Then came the boss who dropped down from a giant flying ship. It didn't explain who he was, or what he wanted. just that he wanted me dead. And goddamn, he was tough. There was no where to wall jump off of, couldn't jump over him to dodge, and he did a good amount of damage each time he hit me. So I was very frustrated with this fight, and then realized I was supposed to lose when he entrapped me in an electric bubble thing. Then some red guy with long blonde hair named Zero shot off the bad guy's arm, and was very cocky and better than me. So much better than me. Sure he supported me with his words of "You can do it!" But when he said "You might even become as powerful as I am" all I could think was, 'Oh, you ass.'

Anyway... That was just the intro level, and now I'm looking at a menu of different bosses to go and fight... I think I'll roll on the penguin.


3 comments:

  1. A good manga that explores that robotics rule is Pluto. It's kind of a retelling of Astroboy. I'm only half done, but it is definitely interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! Just read the first one, looks quite interesting indeed. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah man, I've been aching for a good manga for a while.

    ReplyDelete