Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mega Man X: Penguin



So I beamed down onto this snowy tundra, and was quickly assaulted by some robot bunnies, wasps and this jackass robot with an axe who shot pieces of a spiked pillar at me. I got hit. Alot. I even came close to dying, but X is too good for that. The X buster is the best. I love charging and then sending out a great big blue blast the size of my body. It tears through baddies like a hot knife through butter... If the butter explodes afterwards that is.

Then I dealt with some leaping and wall jumping and whatnot. Robot bats and killer spiked wheels with angry faces... Thankfully whenever my health was dipping low, some bad guys would drop some health and I would get back to full. Then there was a capsule. Like, a big bacta tank. I approached it and then a hollowgram of Santa Clause in a labcoat appeared; telling me that I was very special and that he was hoping that I could live a life of peace. Except he now realized that I was destined to fight. I still don't know what I'm fighting or why, really. Just that this 'Sigma' is a bad crew. Anyway, he gave me dash boots. Which are awesome. I can finally 'duck' in some kind of fashion! Also, I can jump soooo much farther now.

So away I go, leaping over greater gaps, until I spot an abandoned mech armor. So I obviously jump in. I can dash in that too, but I can't shoot, only punch. I don't take damage though haha! So I demolish an enemy mech, and some bats, and then am met by a wall. I can't jump over it, and I can't punch through it. Lame. Had a whole 30 seconds with the armor. Fine. So I dash through the level, shooting down some robot herons that launch buzzsaws (ya, I know right?).

I came to a large metal door which I could only assume meant it was boss time. And I was right. Chill Penguin he's called. He dropped down from somewhere and then we started to fight. He could shoot ice balls at me that deflect my shots, he can breathe up some ice penguins (conceited much?) which I'd have to shoot to pieces, he sometimes launches himself on a belly slide which
deflects bullets as well, and on top of those options he can leap up to the center of the ceiling and starts a snow storm which blows in one direction and slows me down; ad can launch the ice penguins at me. I kept close to the wall so I could jump up over his attacks, using the wall to stay above his charges. I kept picking him off when he was immune to it, and we were both losing health. However, X is awesome and refuses to die. So even though I had one hit left, I blasted him every time he was about to attack, and finished him off with a quick shot after leaping over his ice shot.

Que victory music, strike a pose, beam up and away. Then I unlocked an ice power! I can now shoot a snowflake which explodes out into a bunch more, which should come in handy.
I suppose I should touch on the 'saving' system now. There is none. It's a password system thing. At the end of each level you get a screen with a bunch of numbers that you're supposed to write down if you plan on shutting the game off.


I can go on and on about one level it seems, and it didn't even take that long to beat, I think I'll cut down on rambling and bet two bosses for my next post. Ya. Catch ya later gamers.

No comments:

Post a Comment